School Services Loan Holder Services
Federal Direct Consolidation Loans
Loan Holder Info
How Do I Certify Loan Verification Certificates?
How Does the Department Pay Off a Borrower's Loan?
How Do I Request an Underpayment or Return an Overpayment?
What are the Tolerances for Under and Over Payments?
Additional Resources
Information for Financial Aid Professionals Web Site
U.S. Department of Education Web Site
DUNS Number Web Site

IMPORTANT NOTE: The U.S. Department of Education (ED) has implemented a new Direct Consolidation Loan application process.

As a result of implementing the new Direct Consolidation Loan application process, ED will be discontinuing remaining functionality on this site on about April 8, 2016.

Borrowers can apply for a Direct Consolidation Loan at

Lenders - As of April 4, 2016, all loan consolidation adjustment processing will be handled by Great Lakes. Please contact Great Lakes at 866-348-0714 (option 4) or for processing instructions.

Welcome Loan Holders!

Whether you are a loan holder or servicer, you will find what you need to know about Direct Consolidation Loans here. If you don't find it here, Ask Us.

Go to Log on to Electronic Payoff and Return Funds Services Online!
Go to Log on to Electronic Verification Certification Services Online!

What's New?

Current Interest Rate

site requirements privacy